- Chancellorsville Title Info
- Game Documents
-Lee's "Perfect Battle" & the Loss of his "Right Arm"-
Following Lee's failed invasion of the North in 1862, and McClellan's inability to destroy the Army of Northern Virginia near Antietam Creek in September of that year, President Lincoln tried and failed to find a commander who could defeat Lee.
He chose first Ambrose Burnside, then Joe Hooker. During the next eight months they would in turn fight two major battles which they hoped would win the war and end the Southern rebellion. History records these battles as Fredericksburg [December 1862], and Chancellorsville [May 1863]. They would later be known as Lee's greatest victories, the "high tide" of the Confederacy--and the final battle of Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson. Now comes your opportunity to repeat these victories for the South, or take command of the Federal army and crush the rebellion once and for all. Be bold and never look back!
Campaign Chancellorsville faithfully recreates first the battle of Fredericksburg and then climaxes with Lee's bold move at Chancellorsville. Many other smaller battles are also included that will help lead the way. Take charge and defend your country, whether it be North or South.
Click to Enlarge
- Over one hundred stand alone scenarios and 89 campaign scenarios.
- Four different campaigns for a varied campaign experience, each one also having a "weather variant" to choose from.
Historical scenarios including:
- Kelly's Ford
- Marye's Heights
- Salem Church
- and more...
Dozens of "what if" scenarios including:
- meeting engagements
- cavalry fights
- and equal force battles
Many scenarios specifically designed for a tough challenge against the A/I.
Many meeting engagements using the new random hex feature. The extreme effects of FoW will be more fully demonstrated.
Detailed maps accurately showing the heavily forested terrain, rivers, towns, and important individual homes.
Inclusive orders of battle offer unlimited possibilities for user-created scenarios.
Click to Enlarge
- A Scenario Editor that allows the players to build their own scenarios.
- A Campaign Editor that allows the players to build their own campaigns.
- Play modes include A/I, Hot Seat, PBEM, LAN & Internet play.
Chancellorsville 2d zoom out: 4.29 mb gif / 2d zoom in: 22.5 mb gif Click to Enlarge
Game Engine Enhancements:
- Added new Proportional Opportunity Fire Optional Rules that causes Opportunity Fire generated by firing units to be more proportional to the total strength of the units firing.
- Added new Parameter Data value that controls when artillery crews are eliminated.
- Added new Alternate Fixed Unit releases Optional Rule that releases Fixed units withing five hexes of an enemy unit regardless of Line of Sight to that unit.
- Improvements to AI bridge crossing, and firing.
Click to Enlarge
- Loss carryover between battles.
- Fatigue Carryover between battles.
- Leader Promotion/Replacement.
- Straggler Return between battles.
- Limited reconstitution of destroyed regiments.
- Developer: John Tiller
- Artist: Joeseph Amoral
- Graphics Coordinator: Mark Adams
- Background Music: Thomas Hook
- Vocals: Jennifer Davis
- Scenario Design: Rich Walker
- Campaign Maps: Mike Avanzini
- Playtesters: Aleksander Krolikowski, Rich Hamilton, John Ferry, Mike Mihalik, Ken Miller, Kris White, & Thomas Breen
Windows XP, Vista, or 7
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
Video Memory: 512 MB