-"Place of Peace"-
It was 1862. The Eastern theater of the American Civil War was stalemated. But a mobile campaign was being fought in the West. Union General Ulysses S. Grant had fought his way down the Mississippi River, capturing Forts Henry and Donelson.
The Confederate General Albert Sidney Johnston launched a surprise attack against Grant's encampment along the Tennessee River at Pittsburgh Landing --an area aslo known locally as Shiloh Church. Biblically, "Shiloh" had meant "peaceful" before dawn on the 6th April 1862.
The Southerners stormed over the leading Union regiments, only to be stopped cold by exhasution and nightfall; The following day Grant took the field and launched a vigorous counterattack that routed the Confederate Army from the field. With the Union now with a firm hold in Western Tennessee, the way was open for Grant to split the Confederacy in two by securing the remainder of the Mississippi River.
Had Johnston won at Shiloh, the course of the Civil War may well have been different. Now is your chance to take command in this decisive campaign.
- 212 stand alone scenarios and 80 campaign scenarios.
- 6 different campaigns for a varied campaign experience.
Historical and What If Scenarios including:
- Mill Springs
- Fort Henry
- Fort Donelson
- New Madrid Bend
- Columbia to Franklin
- river gunboat battles
- and more...
- A Scenario Editor that allows the players to build their own scenarios.
- A Campaign Editor that allows the players to build their own campaigns.
- Play modes include A/I, Hot Seat, PBEM, LAN & Internet play.
|Jackson (Tennessee) 2d zoom out: 1.10 mb gif
||Nashville 2d zoom out: 1.04 mb gif
||New Madrid to Island Number 10 2d zoom out: 1.49 mb gif / 2d zoom in: 5.19 mb gif
Game Engine Enhancements:
- Added optional rule for Full Powered Melee.
- Troops have the ability to cross major rivers.
- Victory Points are awarded for losing supplies.
- Command ranges for Corps, Wing and Army Commanders.
- and more...
- Developer: John Tiller
- Artist: Joeseph Amoral
- Graphics Coordinator: Mark Adams
- Background Music: Thomas Hook
- Vocals: Jennifer Davis
- Scenario Design: Rich Walker
- Getting Started: Adam Parker
- Campaign Maps: Mike Avanzini
- Playtesters: Rob Bottos, Brett Schulte, Rich Hamilton, Tony Malone, Lee Hook, Tom Hicks, & Doug Strickler
Windows XP, Vista, or 7
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
Video Memory: 512 MB