-"To Cut the Confederacy in Two"-
It is the end of April 1863 on the Mississippi River. After disastrous Union campaigns at Chickasaw Bayou, Steele Bayou and Greenville, General Ulysses Grant now elects to bypass the Confederate fortress city of Vicksburg. Instead, he will take his Army of the Tennessee and march down the Louisiana side of the Mississippi River.
Anxiously expecting a Union thrust somewhere across the river into Mississippi, Lt. General John C. Pemberton and his Confederate army occupies a strongly fortified position extending both north and south of Vicksburg.
With Grant’s crossing of the mighty river there will be no turning back...for either side.
The Campaign Game:
The campaign is played over a large area from Snyder’s Bluff south to Port Gibson, and from Vicksburg east to the state capital of Jackson. On the advance, the Union player can choose among several strategic pathways with the ultimate goal of capturing Vicksburg. The Confederate guardians of the “Hill City” can elect to act purely on the defensive or counterattack instead. The choices are yours.
At each stage of the campaign, players choose operational decisions that will result in a tactical battle to be played out on an expansive map, providing room for maneuver. The campaign is non-linear, with both offensive and defensive operational options available to each side.
- Chickasaw Bayou
- Port Gibson
- Champion Hill
- Big Black Bridge
- Millikin's Bend
- Assaults on Vicksburg 19 & 22 May
- and more...
"What if" battles:
- Grant assaults Snyder's Bluffs
- Redbone Church
- Grindstone Ford
- Ingraham Heights
- A final assault on Vicksburg 6 July 1863
- and more...
Click to Enlarge
- A Scenario Editor that allows the players to build their own scenarios.
- A Campaign Editor that allows the players to build their own campaigns.
- Play modes include A/I, Hot Seat, PBEM, LAN & Internet play.
- Developer: John Tiller
- Artist: Joeseph Amoral
- Graphics Coordinator: Mark Adams
- Background Music: Thomas Hook
- Vocals: Lee Hook
- Scenario Design: Lee Hook & Drew Wagenhoffer
- Campaign Maps: Mike Avanzini
- Playtesters: Lee Hook, Drew Wagenhoffer, Mark Adams, Brett Schulte, & Tom Hook
Windows XP, Vista, or 7
Processor: 1 GHz
Disk Space: 1 GB
Memory: 1 GB
Video Memory: 512 MB